Saturday, December 19, 2009

Letter to A Girl

I thought it would be appropriate to open this blog with a letter to the person who inspired its creation most.

You astound me, you know? Your sensitivity, your creativity, your a free spirit... Everything about you is beautiful. I knew that when I first started reading your blog that I wanted to get to know you. I knew that there was a connection. At the same time I was scared. I've been hurt many times by people that I've trusted with my heart. I can be very gullible, and extremely naive. I'm sensitive to other people's feelings, and I'm always worried about what they think. I feel like I can trust you though, but a part of me doesn't know. Sometimes I just want to be open with you about everything...about all my problems, because I know that you'll understand. At the same time I don't want to burden you with it all and I'm scared that you'll think less of me.
I want you to know that if I seem unresponsive sometimes, its just because I'm scared to say the wrong thing. I'm scared that I'll mess up and then you'll go away forever. You've been there for me at times when I was literally about to go out of my mind, and I don't want to lose that. I want to be there for you too, but I don't know how. I want to be open with you and get to know you, but I'm also afraid. You tell me I'm beautiful and I'm wonderful. Do you mean it? How could you possibly think it, after reading about me at my worst? Why would you be interested in someone like me, as a amazing and wonderful as you are?

I wish this were easier. I wish I could say all this to you. There is so much that I want to say to you. I wish I could tell how special you are to me...

1 comment:

  1. Whoever you wrote this to sounds as exceptional as you are Mellon.

    xox,
    A

    ReplyDelete